Purpose of this website
Survival Tomorrow and Beyond was created to assist the community with disaster preparation, planning, survival and self sufficiency. The planet seems to be getting a bit crazier each year, being topped by 2020. With the threat of Covid 19, riots, natural disasters, food shortages, reduced family incomes and more, we all need to be more prepared for the future.
Through this site I hope to help the community with disaster preparation and self sufficiency, through the information in my blog, checklists, guides, e-books, courses and more.
I grew up on a remote cattle station in western Queensland moving to the coast for high school. I’ve was an emergency services volunteer from 1989 to 2017 participating in numerous storm recovery, searches, cyclones, flood responses and field leadership roles.
During my time with the emergency services I became a trainer for 23 years instructing other volunteers in a wide range of topics including storm damage, land search, map reading, navigation, bush survival, disaster preparation, disaster recovery, chainsaw operations, disaster response and recovery to name a few.
The biggest disaster responses I have been involved in include
- January 1998 floods Townsville,
- Gap Storms Brisbane 2009,
- Cyclone Yasi 2011 Townsville area,
- Lockyer Valley floods west of Brisbane 2011.
- The storm season of 2010-11 saw me awarded the National Emergency Services Medal and the 2010 – 2011 Queensland Flood and Cyclone citation for my involvement in the response and recovery operations.
While in the emergency services over 25 years I gained numerous qualifications and skills in –
- Land search, bush survival
- Rescue including improvised rescue
- Storm damage, temporary roof repairs
- Flood control, mitigation
- Chainsaw operations
- Disaster management and recovery
- Map reading and navigation,
- Risk management,
- Emergency welfare
- Quartermaster, stock control
- Radio and telephone Communications
- Operations and administration
With my bigger qualifications in –
- Certificate IV Workplace Health and Safety,
- Certificate IV Trainer and assessor (TAE),
- Certificate in Horticulture,
- Certificate IV in business,
- Certificate IV in business administration
- Fireline Leadership 40hr course.
I’ve also attended workshops in –
- Aquaculture and Aquaponics,
- Stock feed management
- Regrarians farm management.
- Bee keeping (honey bee and native bee)
Currently I live on 62 acres of bushland in the dry tropics region, where I’m developing my off grid self sufficient lifestyle. So far I have solar power with batteries, generator, bore water, chickens, vegetable gardens and fruit trees.
I have affiliation with the following companies. If you use the links provided to purchase the companies products I will receive a commission at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you for your support.
I decided to use Siteground for my web host after a lot of research and found them to be the most reliable, quickest and they don’t pressure you to upsell. The staff are very helpful and I have had no problems with them.
I use Convertkit for numerous things. I am building my subscriber list with them. They also provide emailing services to keep your subscribers updated with your latest news. You can create landing pages and similar forms which can be embedded in websites, emails and on social media.
They have a new service now called Convertkit Commerce which allows you to sell digital products online through their website. Currently I’m using Convertkit Commerce to sell my e-books and I’m pleased with the ease of use and they put your sales into your bank account weekly. There fees are small compared to other platforms.
To contact me
Facebook business page: https://www.facebook.com/survivingtomorrowandbeyond
Facebook Community page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/survivingtomorrowandbeyond